Web-Hosted Practice Management and Certified Electronic Health Records (EHR) Solution
The My Vision Express Cloud is ideal for practices and businesses that do not want to deal with the hassles of running, updating, and maintaining a client / server environment. Our network and database administration team will manage and store your database(s), so that you don't have to.
Join the My Vision Express Cloud, where hundreds of eye care providers are already experiencing the power of the My Vision Express web-hosted practice management and certified electronic health record (EHR) software solution.
The My Vision Express Cloud resides in a private cloud infrastructure utilizing 12th generation servers, the newest virtualization technology, and high availability protocol to provide all practices reliable peace of mind.
The My Vision Express Cloud solution is private, based on remote access technology and accessible from any operating platform: Windows®, Mac OS® 1, Google™ Android™, Apple® iOS® (iPad®/iPhone®), BlackBerry®, et cetera. If you have an Internet connection, you can access the My Vision Express Cloud. Learn more about the computer requirements for My Vision Express.
- Instant access to My Vision Express anytime and anywhere you have an Internet connection.
- Check appointments, orders, exams, and more from your smartphone or tablet.
- Management and backup of your database(s).
- Automatic upgrades of My Vision Express.
- Ideal for practices and opticals with multiple locations.
- 1: Performance on Mac O/S may vary; please call 1-877-882-7455 for more information about how My Vision Express will work on your specific Apple device.
The Patient Web Portal provides your patients with 24-hour access to your practice, while increasing your business efficiency and enhancing your patients' experience. Find out more information on how the Patient Portal can benefit your practice.
- Patients can complete registration forms, order contacts, and manage their balances, all online.
- Information collected through the portal is automatically reflected in My Vision Express.
- Create fully customizable registration forms and surveys.
- Securely message patients through the Patient Portal.
- Note: Patient Portal is exclusively available to My Vision Express Cloud users.
In case of fire, flood, or any other natural or man-made disaster, your data is always accessible through the Internet. Hosted in a Statement on Auditing Standards (SAS) Type 70 and Statement on Standards for Attestation Engagements (SSAE)-16 data center located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, accompanied by a backup data center in Atlanta, Georgia, our cloud solution follows all Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) hosting requirements, as well as Service Organization Control (SOC) requirements under SOC 2: Reporting on Controls at a Service Organization Relevant to Security, Availability, Processing Integrity, Confidentiality, or Privacy, specific to Security and Availability.
The My Vision Express Cloud infrastructure utilizes:
- Redundant fiber connections.
- Tier-4 power capabilities.
- Multiple N+1 power uninterruptible power supply (UPS) and backup generators.
- 24x7x365 technicians.
- 100% uptime service-level agreement (SLA) for our facility.
- Payment Card Industry (PCI) Compliance: Our infrastructure is compliant with the PCI standard regulation issued by the five major credit card companies, so your customers' private data is kept just that — private.
- Firewalls: With increasing threats of malware, viruses, and malicious Internet traffic, our cloud is protected by the latest hardware firewalls, each containing its own Operating System (OS) to actively combat against intrusions or attacks.
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Certificates: My Vision Express maintains secure connection to your cloud environment and enforces SSL encryption to data traffic from any of your terminals.
Data Redundancy / Availability
Database backups are performed on an hourly basis. Backups are archived for up to eight (8) months in time. All backups are completely encrypted and follow HIPAA compliancy when archiving to our data sites.
Microsoft® Windows® Support Lifecycle
Starting Friday, January 1, 2016, My Vision Express will follow Microsoft's Support Lifecycle as it pertains to end of support for their operating systems. This change will affect any offices running specific versions of Microsoft operating systems that are no longer supported by Microsoft.
This means that My Vision Express Cloud will stop supporting Windows® XP SP3 client machines starting January 1, 2016. Support for Windows XP SP3 expired on April 8, 2014, as per Microsoft's Lifecycle Fact Sheet.
As My Vision Express follows Microsoft’s Support lifecycle, we are working to ensure that the machines used by our customers are protected against vulnerabilities since Microsoft will no longer provide security updates on a consistent basis. Please note that for those customers who continue to use Windows operating systems that are at an end of extended support scenario, My Vision Express will no longer be able to support those machines.
SOC 2 Examination
Insight Software, LLC has successfully completed an SOC 2 examination, formally known as a Report on Controls at a Service Organization Relevant to Security, Availability, Processing Integrity, Confidentiality, or Privacy. The examination was performed by an independent CPA firm for the scope of service described below.
|Examination Scope:||My Vision Express® Services|
|Selected SOC 2 Principles:||Security and Availability|
|Examination Type:||Type 2|
|Review Date / Period:||July 1, 2015, to December 31, 2015|
|Service Auditor:||Schellman & Company, Inc.|