My Vision Express partnered with NewCrop, Gold SureScripts Certified Solution™, to provide you with comprehensive electronic prescribing system. Our integrated e-prescribing solution allows doctors to prescribe from within My Vision Express and have their prescriptions securely delivered right to the pharmacy’s computer. It gives them access to effective online resources for drug and patient information.
For drugs, a doctor can check interactions with other drugs or patient allergies, pregnancy and geriatric alerts, etc. Doctors can also see a patient’s prescription record so that they can make clinically appropriate decisions at the point of care.
E-Prescribing reduces the potential for medical errors and increases efficiency. It allows the easy selection of the medications preferred by the patient’s health plan and those that meet therapeutic guidelines and the patient’s budget. Renewal authorizations can be sent from the pharmacy to the practice via web and approved by the prescriber with ease. Also, handwriting interpretation issues are eliminated. As a result of all this, the volume of calls and faxes from or to pharmacies is reduced and the quality and effectiveness of patient care is substantially increased.
Our E-Prescribing implementation qualifies for the Medicare E-prescribing Incentive Program which would give you an additional annual reimbursement of 2% in 2009 and 2010, 1% in 2011 and 2012, and 0.5% in 2013 on professional services covered by Medicare Part B.
Features at a glance:
- Allergy, drug and pregnancy interaction review from First DataBank.
- Patient leaflets in 18 languages.
- Comprehensive drug reference from Lexi-Comp.
- Comprehensive managed care formularies from MediMedia Information Technologies.
- Over 5,000 health plans from all over the United States are on MediMedia’s InfoScan Formulary Database™; including MCOs, PBMs, HMOs, PPOs, employer self-insured programs, state Medicaid programs, and Medicare Part D plans.
- Electronic pharmacy connection through SureScripts for access to the patient’s prescription history, script delivery to the pharmacy and renewal authorization processing.
- SureScripts also delivers prescription history information across providers for any patient.