Our integrated e-prescribing solution with Rcopia® from DrFirst® allows doctors to prescribe from within My Vision Express and have their prescriptions securely delivered directly to the pharmacy’s computer. Our solution provides access to effective online resources for both drug and patient information.
For drugs, a doctor can quickly and easily check for important health risk information such as interactions with other drugs or patient allergies, or pregnancy and geriatric alerts. Doctors can also see a patient’s prescription record so that they can make clinically appropriate decisions at the point of care, ensuring for the patient’s well being as well as compliance with legislation such as New York State’s Internet System for Tracking Over-Prescribing (I-STOP).
E-prescribing reduces the potential for medical errors and increases efficiency. It allows the easy selection of the medications preferred by the patient’s health plan and those that meet therapeutic guidelines and the patient’s budget. Renewal authorizations can be sent from the pharmacy to the practice via web and approved by the prescriber with ease. Also, handwriting interpretation issues are eliminated. As a result, the volume of calls and faxes from or to pharmacies is reduced and the quality and effectiveness of patient care is substantially increased.
Our e-prescribing implementation qualifies for the Medicare Electronic Prescribing (eRx) Incentive Program, which would give your practice an additional annual reimbursement of two percent in 2009 and 2010, one percent in 2011 and 2012, and 0.5 percent in 2013 on professional services covered by Medicare Part B.
- Allergy, drug, and pregnancy interaction review from First DataBank®.
- Patient leaflets in 18 languages.
- Comprehensive drug reference from Lexicomp®.
- Comprehensive managed care formularies from MediMedia Information Technologies.
- Over 5,000 health plans from all over the United States are on MediMedia’s InfoScan Formulary Database™, including Managed Care Organizations (MCOs), Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBMs), Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs), Preferred Provider Organizations (PPOs), employer self-insured programs, state-level Medicaid programs, and Medicare Part D plans.
- Electronic pharmacy connection through Surescripts® for access to the patient’s prescription history, script delivery to the pharmacy, and renewal authorization processing.
- Surescripts also delivers prescription history information across providers for any patient.