Eye care professionals and optical practices enjoy easy electronic health records (EHR) adoption with My Vision Express. We offer low costs and simplified implementation, as well as extensive training in how to effectively use our EHR software for Meaningful Use.
According to the provisions of the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act, enacted as part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, if you are an eligible professional that participates in the Medicare or Medicaid programs, you can qualify for incentive payments if you adopt and successfully demonstrate meaningful use of certified electronic health record (EHR) technology.
My Vision Express Version 2014 is the first optometry EHR with Complete Stage 2 Certification. You can qualify for the incentives with My Vision Express, which is an ONC-ACB Certified 2014 Complete EHR system for ambulatory practice settings (CMS EHR Certification Identification Number 1314E01RCOCEEA5 and InfoGard™ Certification Number IG-2397-13-0031) and meets the mandatory certification criteria identified in the ONC Standards and Certification Criteria Final Rule for Stage 1 and Stage 2.
My Vision Express provides multiple tools and resources to assist you in accurately attesting to Meaningful Use:
- Meaningful Use Wizard verifies that all reporting requirements are met and provides notifications if corrective action is needed for successful attestation.
- Easy-to-read automated and Clinical Quality Measures Reports.
- Comprehensive Meaningful Use training and support.
- Simple setup to achieve Meaningful Use Objectives.
- Fully integrated e-prescribing.
- Transition of Care Wizard and Clinical Summary Wizard help you import data from other providers.
- Meaningful Use Checklist.
|Adoption Year||Medicare Incentive Payments|
|Total Payment Amount||$44,000||$44,000||$39,000||$24,000|
For 2014 Only: All providers, regardless of their stage of Meaningful Use, are only required to demonstrate Meaningful Use for a three-month EHR reporting period. The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services is permitting this one-time three-month reporting period in 2014 only so that all providers who must upgrade to 2014 Certified EHR Technology will have adequate time to implement their new Certified EHR systems. For more information, please view the following PDF: http://www.cms.gov/Regulations-and-Guidance/Legislation/EHRIncentivePrograms/Downloads/Stage2Overview_Tipsheet.pdf
Stage 2 Meaningful Use: Eligible professionals only need to have Stage 2 technology in place by 01/02/2014.
- Stage 2 Overview Tipsheet
- Stage 1 vs. Stage 2 Comparison Table for Eligible Professionals
- Stage 1 Changes Tipsheet
- 2014 Clinical Quality Measures Tipsheet
- Press Release: New CMS rule allows flexibility in certified EHR technology for 2014
My Vision Express Version 2014 Price Transparency Attestation: Insight Software, L.L.C. confirms that the information listed below is accurate and complete. The following costs are associated with the implementation of My Vision Express 2014 with Meaningful Use Stage 2:
- Ongoing monthly costs to support DrFirst® for Electronic Prescribing for 170.314(b)(3) interface services.
- Ongoing yearly costs, where applicable, to support Updox for Transitions of Care — Receive, Display and Incorporate Transition of Care/Referral Summaries for 170.314(b)(1), Transitions of Care — Create and Transmit Transition of Care/Referral Summaries for 170.314(b)(2), and View, Download, and Transmit to a Third Party with Edge Protocol Testing for 170.314(e)(1).
Meaningful Use 2016: Attestation Date and Hardship Exemption Deadline Extended
Please note that the original attestation deadline has been changed from February 29, 2016 to March 11, 2016 at 11:59 PM EST.
Attestation ResourcesFor assistance with attestation, please review the following CMS resources:
- Preparing to Participate in the EHR Incentive Programs Fact Sheet
- Attestation Worksheet and User Guide for Eligible Professionals
- Attestation Worksheet and User Guide for Eligible Hospitals and CAHs
- Broadband Access Exclusions Tip Sheet
- Health Information Exchange Fact Sheet
- Public Health Reporting in 2015 for Eligible Professionals
- Public Health Reporting in 2015 for Eligible Hospitals/CAHs
In addition to the attestation extension, the hardship exemption deadline has also extended from March 15, 2016 (Physicians and other EPs) and April 1, 2016 (hospitals and CAHs) to July 1, 2016. This will allow providers to have sufficient time to submit the application and avoid the adjustments for Medicare payments in 2017.
Additional Payment Adjustments and Hardship Information
Public Health Reporting Objectives
This Complete EHR is 2014 Edition compliant and has been certified by an ONC-ACB in accordance with the applicable certification criteria adopted by the Secretary of Health and Human Services. This certification does not represent an endorsement by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services or guarantee the receipt of incentive payments.
The My Vision Express Version 2014 CMS EHR Certification Identification number is 1314E01RCOCEEA5 and the InfoGard™ Certification number is IG-2397-15-0062 for ambulatory practice settings and was certified on December 10, 2015. The certified Clinical Quality Measures are CMS 68, CMS 131, CMS 132, CMS 133, CMS 138, CMS 142, CMS 143, CMS 146, CMS 154, CMS 155, CMS 165, and CMS 167. Additional SW Required: DrFirst® for Electronic Prescribing for 170.314(b)(3) and Updox for Transitions of Care — Receive, Display and Incorporate Transition of Care/Referral Summaries for 170.314(b)(1), Transitions of Care — Create and Transmit Transition of Care/Referral Summaries for 170.314(b)(2), and View, Download, and Transmit to a Third Party with Edge Protocol Testing for 170.314(e)(1). The additional software requirements may incur additional monthly cost of service. There are no technical or contractual limitations beyond the additional required software. View the Public Test Report at http://www.infogard.com/healthcare_it/ehr_testing_and_certification/ehr_certified_products.